San Diego Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- 1 The Best Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near You Can Help You Get The Maximum Compensation For Your Injuries
- 2 Types Of Damages a San Diego Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You Recover
- 3 Choosing The Right San Diego Bicycle Accident Attorney For Your Case
- 4 Common Causes Of Bicycle Accident In San Diego
- 5 How To Avoid Bike Accident at Crossings
- 6 What to Do After a Bicycle Accident in The City
The Best Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near You Can Help You Get The Maximum Compensation For Your Injuries
A San Diego bicycle accident lawyer also known as an auto accident or personal injury attorney is a lawyer who helps those involved in any related bike accident in San Diego County cities recover monetary compensation for their injuries or property damage.
So if you have been involved in a bike accident that is not or partially your fault then it is recommended that you hire a San Diego bicycle accident lawyer asap to recover compensation for your injuries. The right bicycle accident lawyer can help you get all kinds of recoveries for your crash.
Types Of Damages a San Diego Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You Recover
Some of the recoveries a San Diego bicycle accident attorney can help you get financial recovery for include but not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Property damages
- Hospital bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of consortium
Choosing The Right San Diego Bicycle Accident Attorney For Your Case
When involved in an accident you want to make sure that you picked the right lawyer for you. Below are some of the checklists that can help you pick the right lawyer for your case.
- Ask them how many years they have been practicing law
- Find out about their experience with a similar case like yours
- Ask out the highest, average, and lowest recovery they have ever gotten from a bicycle accident
- Find out about their communication styles and how they intend to keep you informed about the case
- Ask the San Diego bicycle accident attorney their firm process
- Ask about their trial experience just in case your case goes to trial. Most personal injury cases get settled out of the court so some lawyers do not have trial experience so you need someone with both negotiation and trial experience too just in case your case ends up in court.
Common Causes Of Bicycle Accident In San Diego
The distinctive aspect of bicycle accident cases, include Roadway designs, California vehicle laws, bike designs etc. In most bicycle accidents, a negligent or daydreaming automobile driver is at the mistake. Few common types of bicycle collision with a human or property include:
- A driver suddenly has frontage with a bicyclist
- A driver fails to give way at a junction
- Failing to stop at a signal or red light
- A driver’s carelessness while driving past a bicyclist
- A driver driving after consuming drugs or alcohol
It is well known that cyclists and motorists share a common road. Now it’s up to them to treat each other with respect and care or vice-versa.
A bicyclist riding on a sidewalk or crosswalk has the same rights and duties as that of a pedestrian. A cyclist cycling after sunset should be equipped with a light on the front which exhibits a white light.
If a rider or person along for the ride is under 16 years, he must put on a bicycle helmet which is properly fastened, fitted and is as per the safety standards.
If you find yourself involved in a bicycle accident that is caused by someones else negligence please speak with a San Diego bicycle accident lawyer immediately.
An accident attorney can help you determine who is really at fault.
How To Avoid Bike Accident at Crossings
Intersections are more prone to accidents because of many reasons. A few are: The cars misjudge the speed of cyclists and in many cases, the cars don’t expect bikes to be on the road which often leads to mishap or collision between the two.
To be on a safer side, the cyclist should exercise the following precautions:
- They should wear bright colored clothes and their bicycle should be equipped with front and rear lamps
- One should be watchful while driving, which is one of the legal compliance also.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident in The City
- One should wait for the police to arrive if it is a minor one
- Put in your best efforts to get your side of the story into the investigation report
- If possible, try to get the driver information like his/her address, his contact number, driving license number and other vehicle details
- Try to seek for medical treatment as soon as possible and get them documented
- Always take photographs of the site of the accident and your injuries
- And always seek advice from an experienced San Diego bicycle accident lawyer
Other Things To Keep In Mind About Your Case
Status of limitation: The state has a status of limitation that one has to abide by so that they can file a lawsuit for their case. For injuries sustains from a San Diego bicycle accident, you have two years and for property damages from the accident, you have three years to file for claims.
Comparative fault law: This law is helpful for you because even if you are at fault you can still get compensated for your injuries and property damages. Your settlement will be reduced by the percentage of your contribution to the accident.
Contingency fee arrangement: Most San Diego bicycle accident lawyers accept their cases on the contingency fee basis. So basically you won’t get charged unless they win your case. The typical percentage is between 25 to 40 percent of the settlement amount. Keep in mind that you can also negotiate with them on the arrangement.
What’s Next? Get Connected With San Diego Bicycle Accident Attorney
No one wakes up and wants to be involved in a crash injury. However, if you or a loved one was involved in a bicycle accident that you or they were not at-fault please call now to see what your options are in getting compensated by speaking to San Diego bicycle accident attorney in San Diego area.
The right experienced San Diego bicycle accident lawyer that represents victims in the area will generally have better resources than yourself to get you higher financial compensation.
Do not fight the insurance companies alone.