San Diego Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The Best Motorcycle Accident Attorney Or Law Firm Representation Is Your Best Option In Maximizing Your Injury Compensation From Bike Crashes
A San Diego motorcycle accident lawyer is an injury or accident attorney who provides legal services to victims of motorcycle accident accidents in San Diego County cities.
A San Diego motorcycle accident attorney helps their client get financial recoveries from bike owners and companies or organizations whose negligence resulted in the injuries of their client.
Regardless of if you were involved in a motorcycle crash that was or not your fault and you sustained minor or serious injuries you need the right motorcycle accident lawyer to help you understand the law and how you can get compensated.
By hiring one of the best San Diego motorcycle accident lawyers for yourself will ensure that your right is legally protected and that you will have someone on your side who knows how to deal with insurance companies to get the maximum compensations for your pain and suffering and property damages.
Types Of Damages You Can Recover After A San Diego Motorcycle Accident
San Diego motorcycle accident results in injury, wide-ranging health checkup bills, and treatment. Which in turn leads to lost salary, pain, and distress, emotional mayhem. Victims are entitled to receive compensation for the negligence of another party. The right skilled motorcycle accident lawyer can help get compensated for:
- Punitive damages
- Property loss
- Past & future medical bills
- Past & future loss of wage
- Emotional suffering
- Pain and suffering
- Driving time and mileage to medical appointments
Causes Of San Diego Motorcycle Accidents
The statistics of California automobile crash statistics conclude that the motorbike accidents account for an unreasonably high figure of tragic traffic mishap which eventually results in brain injuries, paralysis, bone injury or sometimes death in the city and county. Few reasons which lead to San Diego motorcycle accidents are:
- Lane designs and its layout as it is related to motorcyclists
- Vehicle designing and manufacturing issues
- Lane splitting
- A driver is negligent and driving in front of the motorcyclist
- A driver coming out of a junction or drive in the way of an approaching motorcycle
- A driver fails to follow the mentioned traffic guidelines
- A driver is momentarily impaired due to the consumption of drugs or alcohol
Whatever the cause is, it is your right to be financially compensated for your injuries from bike crash caused because of someone negligence.
Your San Diego motorcycle accident lawyer will be able to establish fault and fight the insurance company heads on to maximize your financial compensation. Even if it is your fault, California uses comparative fault or negligence.
Other Things To Keep In Mind About Your Potential Motorcycle Accident Claim
Here are a few things to know and keep in mind about your motorcycle accident in San Diego case:
- Even if you are at fault in California you can still get compensated based on the percentage that the other party contributed to your injury
- The state has a statute of limitations as to when you can file an injury claim. For motorcycle accident injury it is two(2) years and for property damages resulting from the accident, it is three (3) years. If you were injured by a local or state government it is six(6) months
- In most case, a San Diego motorcycle accident lawyer can help you get treatment without pay until your case is settled. They will deduct the fees to be paid to the doctor from your settlement
- Most of this type of San Diego attorneys take motorcycle accident cases at a contingency fee arrangement. This simply means that they will represent you and they will only get paid unless they recover a settlement for you. And the percentage they will take ranges from 25% to 40%.
- You can negotiate the contingency fee percentage with any lawyer
DO’s To Avoid Minor & Serious Bike Crashes & Injuries
Accidents will always happen in the city and county, however, if we follow some basic safety rules more motorcycle crash injuries can be avoided.
- Go through a safety course
- Protect yourself and your feet. Avoid wearing open-toed shoes like flip flops etc
- To be on the safer side, it’s required that you always drive as per your skills. As riding is all about skills
- Avoid being distracted by the surroundings. Try to stay hyper-aware of your surroundings
- Wear a helmet, as it protects your head during a motorcycle accident. And head injuries are more likely to lead to death
- If you are a pedestrian, pay attention to incoming traffic and look both lefts and right on the traffic lights before proceeding even if it is your right of way
- For other auto drivers, watch out for a bike before making turns as it might be hard to see them as bikes are smaller compared to big rigs or semi trucks and cars